account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

turned water indicator in headphone port red accidentally

Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

turned water indicator in headphone port red accidentally

here is the situation, i was in the gym having a thorough workout. I accidentaly pull out my headphone cord. when you are tensed and pumped during a working out little tasks like this are difficult. I missed the hole and somehow managed to get the slightest bit of sweat onto the water indicator.

now it is red, indicating that the phone has been compromised. what can I do in this situation? surely it woukdnt invalidate the warranty. the device works perfectly and has never been subject to any water.

can I replace this white paper.

the newer z1 does not have a headphone port flap, which makes sense considering it is always used by some peoole.

4 REPLIES 4
Demigod
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: turned water indicator in headphone port red accidentally

Take to service centre and report ...

Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

spoke to their customer service and they are so useless.

they wont replace the paper. they say it doesnt need repair.they say there is no way of knowing if the device has a warranty without inspecting it. I told them that I do not want them to refuse a warranty shoukd I have an issue in the future.

they have also told me that removing the paper invalidates the warranty!!

so effectively im stuffed, I have a perfecctly functioning device that has not warranty because a tiny white piece of paper has turned red through general use, which I cannt replace or remove and will effect the resale value!!!

Demigod
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Really Sad Slightly frowning Face

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

I suffered from a similar loss of warranty for no fault of mine. WORSE, MINE WAS AN INDICATOR INSIDE THE PHONE AND I HAD NO IDEA THAT IT WAS RED, I THINK IT WAS LIKE THAT FROM THE TIME I BOUGHT IT. The Sony Service Centre has refused to RMA my phone now, telling me that i violated my warranty. 

I have put up a petition against sony's unfair practices, hope you sign.

https://www.change.org/petitions/sony-mobile-stop-false-advertising-and-focus-on-customer-redressal

KAUSTAV K BOSE : Once a Sony fan, now a Hater