account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

touchscreen problem

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

touchscreen problem

sometimes it makes my touch multiple times. like xpppppperiiiiiia..... it happens more frequently while charging. also I feel touch is too sensitive. Is it abnormal product or main issue of this model?
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: touchscreen problem

Hi 238uuu,

Welcome to the community,

Sorry to hear that, hopefully, I can help resolve this issue for you.

The first step I suggest taking is to perform a diagnostics tests with the device, this will help determine if the issue is related to hardware or software.

Menu > Settings >  About Phone > Diagnostics > Test > Touch Screen.

Please go through the test and if you don't mind letting me know here what the results were.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

ofcourse test is normal because this test is only related to touch area, not sensitivity or unstableness
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

That is not entirely true, the diagnostics tool will let you know if any screen touches are occurring without you touching the screen. The second thing you should now try is moving through to Safemode and testing it with normal use. if the issue has stopped in this mode, then the likely cause is related to a third party app.

safe mode

Let me know how you get on.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

My devices has the same problem with the touchscreen.I have the same issues. It is a problem with the phone. No other thing Sony. Fix it already. Swiping to type. Double taps, triple taps, taps when trying to scroll etc. My god this phone is such a pain to use. it's so frustrating and I know im not the only one.

My phone won't even go into safe mode. After I click yes to reboot into safe mode, it reboots and hangs at the white Xperia screen, then reboots into normal mode.
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

I have the same problem. It touches double, or thinks I'm touching twice or multiple times while typing. It happens sometimes a couple of times a day, sometimes I can go a day or two without any problem. When I'm trying to hold my button to sellct a number, it will only type the letter many times. For example when I'm trying to type 2, it will write qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq.

I've tried to do a factory reset, software repair, I even had a boardswap due to a different problem. 

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

I've also noticed this several times.

I always use swiping to type text.

On rather regular basis when swiping, it breaks up and my swipe is interrupted, resulting in wrong words.

This is mostly noticeable when swiping for long words.

It doesn't happen all the time, but enough to be annoying when it happens.

In the beginning I thought I lost contact with the screen when this happened but it has been too much to be like that. Especially i pay more attention to not lose contact when it happens, but it keeps happening for some time and than it's ok again.