account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

syncing outlook calendar

One time poster
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

syncing outlook calendar

I used to be able to synchronize my Outlook Calendar with my Xperia. About a week ago I started getting an error message "An unknown error has occurred and the synchronization has been cancelled.”

Does anyone have any ideas what has happened and what I can do to rectify this, or what other alternatives I have to syncing my outlook calendar.

3 REPLIES 3
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: syncing outlook calendar

You may get an unknown error if PC Companion is unable to read the calendar in MS Outlook or Gmail. Have you changed password for your Gmail recently? Also check that you have the correct folder selected under PC Companion -> Sync zone -> Settings -> Personal data -> [properties for calendar].

Other alternatives are Exchange ActiveSync if you have MS Exchange in your company. You could also try 3:rd party softwares like MyPhoneExplorer from www.fjsoft.at.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Thanks.

I did change the password and that is when things went to custard. However I have discovered that now outlook needs to be closed for the sync to happen. A little time consuming, but at least it is all working, just not automatically.

One time poster
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

I tried dealing with Sony directly in the UK but they were hopless and could offer no assistance on the subject. I seemed to know more about the phone than they did. Anyways, having searched the forum on the subject and having checked everything was set up correctly on my phone and computer, I simply shut down Outlook and then did a sync and hey presto it worked. Never had to do this before and you should not have to close Outlook down to sync, never did this before, but if it works so what. At least I got a fix no thanks to Sony themselves though.