account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

still no 4.3 update for factory unlocked sony xperia z1 in uk

Apprentice
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

still no 4.3 update for factory unlocked sony xperia z1 in uk

this is ridiculous that the factory unlocked version is still not got 4.3. this is what i paid nearly 600.00 pounds for. ive had enough of sony excuses like when i took my phone to vodafone and rang up sony in the shop to ask why i have not got 4.3 sony put the blame on vodafone.the vodafone salesman said they were talking rubbish because mine was sim free it was sony fault. then i asked sony on the phone again where was the update now he said they released it in batches. this is coming from europian sony center which said there is no such thing as yellow hue on some of the z1. and sony japan have admitted to it and released a update for z1 in japan. this is from a company that bragged about selling a million ps4 all over the world in 3 days and updating them all in 3 days. if they said the were going to release update for the ps4 in batchs there would be a uproar with everybody. and the z1 costs more than a ps4. so when people say you should wait for the update why should we. we have paid to have the update early on factory unlocked models. and sony can release the update all at once like they did with the ps4 they are just talking out of there a@?e.  vodafone has it in uk. this is sonys way of sticking 2 fingers up to anyone who trusted and believed and paid good money to pay for there phone make of this as you will.

4 REPLIES 4
One time poster
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: still no 4.3 update for factory unlocked Sony expire z1 in UK

I'm with you I'm sick of top manufacturers selling top end phones at astronomical prices only then to let us down for months on end waiting for updates to fix certain issues with there so called top handsets

Regular
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

maybe its a good thing, just looking at the amount of issues with the 4.3 update for the z1 it might be the fact that sony has realised there are problems with the update like samsung had with the s4 recently , ok it doesnt excuse the fact there is nonews but maybe , just maybe the z1 will go directly to 4.4 which would give us something to throw at samsung and probalby htc and lg but it doesn not excuse sony i admit 

Highlighted
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

OK guys ive just got the 4.3 update on Vodafone UK unlocked Remote.. best of luck Dizzy Face

Talent
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Re: still no 4.3 update for factory unlocked sony xperia z1 in uk

My unlocked / unbranded UK Xperia Z1 has an update available - 14.2.A.0.290

It's Android 4.3 Slightly smiling Face