account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

sony z1s water demage from bottom.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

sony z1s water demage from bottom.

Funny thing is the water is not get in the phone from any connector port. The water is actually get in the phone from the bottom where the speaker at.

Two of my phone get the same demage in the same area with all the connector port completely seal tight. 

Come on sony...don't  even advertise your smartphone waterproof, it is not even water resistance in my opinion.

What a shame......

I wish I can attach some photo for you all to look at. Please stay away from their waterproof smartphone.

4 REPLIES 4
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: sony z1s water demage from bottom.

Sorry to hear this but you would need to either return your device to the place of purchase or contact Xperia care and have your device inspected http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Visitor
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Don't bother to contact Sony smart phone department to complain about lemon product on their z1s smartphone. Nothing you can't prove to them the water damage is not your fault. Sony smartphone department will tell you is human error. They will never admit is the design fault. Water will never get inside the phone from the audio speakers area but it did on two of my Sony Z1S smartphone. Shame on you Sony.
Visitor
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

T-Mobile never ever accept returns on water damage smartphone. Even though the water get inside the phone due to design fault.
Emperor
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

@Samq

Contact Sony directly and request a vacuum test, that will prove who is at fault. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)