account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

sony update engine failure (error 2003)

One time poster
Message 11 of 16
Message 11 of 16

Re: sony update engine failure (error 2003)

what to do please help ?

Emperor
Message 12 of 16
Message 12 of 16

you have to relock it (google xda forum xperia arc relock bootloader)

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 13 of 16
Message 13 of 16

My phone is in 2.3.4 android...am updating but its showing sony update engine failure (error 2003) like this in Sony PC companion and after am trying to update in update serivice its showing you have modif software plsssssss guide me wt to do???????

Message 14 of 16
Message 14 of 16

My phone is MT11I sony experia nevo V

One time poster
Message 15 of 16
Message 15 of 16

I had unlocked my bootloader to my xperia M2 and now when I try to update software using Sony PC Companion 2.1 I got 

sony update engine failure (error 2003) ,, plz what can i do and how to relock boatloader

One time poster
Message 16 of 16
Message 16 of 16

You should re lock your bootloader bro for this to work 

I sld suggest u Xperia Flashtool it has a BLU option that automatically locks and unlocks bootloader 

u just have to download this and click on the BLU button on the Left Top then just swith off your phone keep the Vol Down key pressed and attach the phone to computer via USB and it will ask u model number choose appropriate and then it wld ask you to Lock bootloader and you are done