account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

(solved) XPERIA Z3 damaged after swimming in pool

Message 1 of 17
Message 1 of 17

(solved) XPERIA Z3 damaged after swimming in pool

The problems in question were presented at the device after submersion in pool. All criteria for device submersion were followed, including the pressure test which the device itself has, was run and tested positive sealing caps.
After three days, the device began to have problems; damaged the SD card, the chip carrier began to be not recognized, the touch screen started to recognize two taps on the screen, the keyboard began typing letters without having requested them and finally not charged anymore.
I took the device to service center in 27/01 and in 05/02 i got an email saying that the device was ready to return to me.
When receiving the device, the technical report presented was that it was not made any repairs due to "software will not be Sony standard".
When I bought the device, the original factory system was Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. After a few months were released some updates at to the current version 5.1.1 on 23.4.A.1.264 RC4 would be to solve the problem of vulnerability "Stagefright" which affected Android systems.
The update was made from the software called "FlashTool" which the SONY international recommended on your own website / blog.
The device's bootloader was never unlocked, therefore, impossible to install ROM or non-genuine software.
The installed firmware 23.A.4.1.264 corrects "all" stagefright vulnerabilities, so would not leave my vulnerable device with 23.A.4.1.232 firmware.
In short, the device has not been repaired, and the reported problems refers to the "hardware" and not the "software".
In no time my phone / use would be unfair, because I bought it knowing his qualities and certifications (ip65 and ip68 - water resistance)
The first time I used the device in water, it has proven to be quite different than expected .... the same reported by many other users.
I leave here my discontent and I will use all the means that my problem is resolved

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Message 2 of 17
Message 2 of 17

Re: XPERIA Z3 damaged after swimming in pool

This is translated from Italian?

So you used flashtool to upgrade to a custom 3rd party firmware or Sony firmware?

Emperor
Message 3 of 17
Message 3 of 17

@LucianoFontao

I'm sorry but your message its a bit confusing, the phone its waterproof, chlorinated water will corrode the seals, contact your Local support and request a vacuum test, that will prove who is at fault. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 4 of 17
Message 4 of 17

Yes,

I´m from Brazil,

In my country the last update is 232.

I flashed the firmware available on xperifirm.

Thanks for your support

Message 5 of 17
Message 5 of 17

Yes friend,

The problems happen after three days of having entered the pool

Message 6 of 17
Message 6 of 17

The firmware from xperifirm you updated is Brazil generic firmware or firmware from another country?
Emperor
Message 7 of 17
Message 7 of 17

@LucianoFontao

Request a vacuum test from your Local support, this will prove who is at fault, if you either have a defective unit, or you didn't firmly closed the covers, if there's any physical damage to the phone such as, cracked screen, cracked back, housing dents or damages the phone wont be waterproof.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 8 of 17
Message 8 of 17

My model is 6643 (with TV Digital) but i don´t use TV

I installed the Nordic firmware (6603)

All is working fine...

My problem is not with software. is hardware related

Emperor
Message 9 of 17
Message 9 of 17

@LucianoFontao

I don't think you are reading my posts but you have to get it inspected as the issues seemed to be water damaged related.

Message 10 of 17
Message 10 of 17

Yes, I'm reading your posts ...

The device is water damaged ....

Water has entered in the camera and after that the problems were presented