account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

release xperia v in India

One time poster
Message 21 of 29
Message 21 of 29

Re: release xperia v in India

Well i sent a mail to the local support team 3 months ago. Never got a reply. I check my spam mail folder every week so i know that i definitely didn't receive any reply. If I call them i get the response that they don't have this information, etc. So who exactly knows which products are being launched in India and which aren't?? This page has got over 10000 hits and this is just a forum discussion. So obviously there is a great demand for Xperia V in India. Why does Sony treat the Indian market differently? And if you aren't gonna launch a product atleast mention that in your blog or forum replies or preferably on the International website. Well the consumers deserve atleast that courtesy. Sony Ericsson was the second most sold phone brand in India 7 years back (heard that on NDTV's Gadget Guru or Cell Guru). 7 years of poor customer support later here we are! A lot of people, including me, waited months for the release of Xperia Acro S and were finally left disappointed, irritated, frustated, angry, pis*ed off!! and now again the same happens with Xperia V. And Indian Sony mobile fans like myself have expressed their disappointment on social networking sites and now here.. I don't understand how does Sony decide to launch Xperia Ion in India, which although a great looking phone, was too late to arrive in India and so was completely overpriced and at the same time Sony didn't launch Xperia Acro S in India.. It would have sold 20 times better than Xperia Ion any given day. The only water resistant Xperia phone in India currently is Xperia Go with an HVGA display at Rs. 18k !!! Are u freaking kidding me? A Motorola Defy XT costing less than 13k has a FWVGA display!!! That is 3 times the resolution of Xperia Go. Sure the performance specs differ but i 'm not going to buy a mid-range phone with a low budget phone's display (Xperia Go).

Other mobile manufacturers have launched their flagship phones and all high end phones in India along with the International release. eg- Samsung's Galaxy SIII, Note 2, it's tablets. HTC's One X, 8X, Sensation, Nokia Lumia 800, Lumia 710, 808 Pureview. LG phones. I would rather wait for a Lumia 920 than wait for a better Sony mobile, or buy a HTC 8X, One X, 8S, than a Xperia Go.. The other mobile manufacturers treat the Indian market much better than Sony.

I could go on and on about how Sony has disappointed its customers, loyal fans (whose number decreases exponentially every year), an entire generation that grew up adoring the Sony Ericsson Walkman and Cybershot phones..

Sony mobile boasts of the Sony experience, they should experience getting their phone repaired in their service centre or finding an accessory for your phone in your city in a friggin Sony Center (Visited two of them, neither had any a year back, and you can find fake accessories everywhere), or mail the local support to ask about product launches, availability, software updates, and wait for their reply, experience that!!

Post Your comments and opinions and i hope someone somewhere who can make a change sees our discussion.. Like this post if u agree with me..

One time poster
Message 22 of 29
Message 22 of 29

totally agree with you.. still no acro s, t, v in India. N they launch Ion 6 months later and that too at a premium price.. Do they think that the Indian Consumer is stupid! Sony is treating its Indian fans like crap.. Other brands release their phones in India within a month of the International launch of their phones, almost simultaneously throughout the world.. but Sony treats the Indian market differently.. Dumb move as this is gonna cost them a very large amount of customers.  can't imagine what they are thinking..  Best ways to get knocked out of the Indian Market.. Sony mobile n Xperia don't have the likablility of Sony Ericsson Walkmans n Cybershots.. n its all because of their poor customer support and almost non-existant PR.

One time poster
Message 23 of 29
Message 23 of 29

N still there is no sign of a release date of T...

One time poster
Message 24 of 29
Message 24 of 29

Sony has annonced their flagship phone Xperia Z and ZL !!! wondering if it getting released soon.

One time poster
Message 25 of 29
Message 25 of 29

don't remain in hope that Sony will release Xperai Z and ZL in India. if release then price will to high as compare to Iphone 5. I am totally agree with anil421 post. Even software update are buggy. i think at some sony erissicson was nice as compare to sony atleast they were releasing their model on time.

I think sony had fail very well in india due to theri own marketing strategy. They are showing ads of tipo low end phone in TV and premium flagship phone ads will never put on TV. I Think sony had mind set that indian people are not capable to buy premium handset so they are dumping low end phone in india and having poor support. But other brand such as samsung , HTC etc had realized that india is very big market for premium handset..

Only thing that i can say.. Best of luck sony......

One time poster
Message 26 of 29
Message 26 of 29

It says on the blog Q1 release, so xperia Z must release by April 2013. Still i would have bought Xperia V over Z/ZL if it was in the Indian market. The Arc design just looks much better.

One time poster
Message 27 of 29
Message 27 of 29

I just created this poll here on the forum.. Give your response..

One time poster
Message 28 of 29
Message 28 of 29

hey guys... please let me know when sony is releasing xperia v..i have been cheaking google infact daily regarding this phone.. its not available anywhere in stores..

I dont understand wht sony is thinking before realising phones.. if not sony . i will be reluctanting have to go with samsung galaxy grand quattro..

please update me with this as soon as possible..my first and last choice is xperia v..

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 29 of 29
Message 29 of 29

@harshu I doubt the Xperia V will get to India as it has been quite a bit of time since it was released and there are new Xperias.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)