account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

red notification/charging light Remains On

Learner
Message 1 of 18
Message 1 of 18

red notification/charging light Remains On

I have bought my phone Xperia c3 dual 2 months ago.Everything was running smoothly until yesterday.I noticed that my red notification light remains remains on despite having charge over 75%. I have tried reset my phone but nothing changed. As my battery charge is decreasing, the red light fading but still on. Please help
17 REPLIES 17
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 18
Message 2 of 18

Re: red notification/charging light Remains On

The Red light will remain on when charging untill the charge has reached 90% or above

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Forum Legend
Message 3 of 18
Message 3 of 18

or is the light remaining on when not connected to a power source?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Highlighted
Message 4 of 18
Message 4 of 18

@Thommo No thats where you'r wrong, red light is on when battery is bellow 25% or something once it reaches over 25% it will change from RED to orange/yellow and then when it reaches 90% it will turn to Green.

RED shall not stay red untill 90%

Message 5 of 18
Message 5 of 18

My experiences match @jakesully

However I think the op has been misinterpreted and his problem is that his red light is CONSTANTLY on.
It fades as the battery level goes down but still remains on.

I would do a factory repair using pc companion and if that fails to rectify then contact your areas support team to get a repair booked in.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Forum Legend
Message 6 of 18
Message 6 of 18

Well that's where I'm right - The member clearly states that the battery is at 75% meaning a red light so as I was trying to ascertain - Is this light on when charging or does it remain on when not on charge

Message 7 of 18
Message 7 of 18

But at 75% on charge it should be orange.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.

Forum Legend
Message 8 of 18
Message 8 of 18

It may say orange in the manual but mine looks more a red colour when charging

Message 9 of 18
Message 9 of 18

Wouldn't know, never read the manual.
But mine is orange.

Forum Legend
Message 10 of 18
Message 10 of 18

Getting back to the topic as I was trying to ascertain - Is this light on when charging or does it remain on when not on charge