account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

"Session Failed" error for ActiveSync connection

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

"Session Failed" error for ActiveSync connection

I've set up an Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) synchronisation profile to synchronise a Sony Ericsson Elm (J10i2) with the Outlook.com service. I've verified that the settings are correct by double-checking them and by using them in two other phones.

When I tell the phone to synchronise using this profile, it produces an error saying "Session Failed". That's it. It doesn't provide any explanation.

How can I get it to work?

The phone has no trouble accessing the Internet using 3G or Wifi. I've already tried factory resetting the phone, disabling SSL, using both Wifi and 3G. I've also tried using two different Outlook.com accounts, and the problem occurs for both of them.

1 REPLY 1
Master
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: "Session Failed" error for ActiveSync connection

As far as I know Hotmail/Outlook.com is not 100 % compatible with Exchange active sync. Sony Ericsson Elm supports the following Exchange protocol without any security policies. 

Microsoft® Exchange ActiveSync® protocol version 2.5.

And Hotmail/Outlook seems to have another solution for there ActiveSync setup and unfortunately it does not work with Elm. 

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.