account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

ps4 link problems with z3 compact tablet

Learner
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

ps4 link problems with z3 compact tablet

hi 

I used the ps4 link on psvita it was awesome I can access my Playstation any where in the world but it's not comfortable to play with so I took the z3 compact tablet and tried to do the same it did not work not even my cellular can connect!!!!!!  Is this a problem with the device or?  

Thank and happy new year, 

Ali.

5 REPLIES 5
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: ps4 link problems with z3 compact tablet

The Z3 tablet compact must be on the same WiFi connection.
Learner
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Spoiler

Is there a way to make it work like the psvita? 

Thanks 

Phy
Forum Legend
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

No but do contact Sony Xperia Support.

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Visitor
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Remote Play Connection Issues - WiFi / Bluetooth Conflict / Interference?

Firstly I brought the z3 tablet purely to play remote play having used my vita for this purpose I decided I needed a big screen and the ability to use my ds4 controller while playing remote.

So I went out and brought

z3 tablet

gcm10 controller mount

also brought a new TP-link 5ghz router as I am with sky broadband.

To connect the TP-link router I connected it to my sky router via Ethernet.

The problem here is I have to use another plug socket to use my router; also the PS4 will not connect to 5GHZ router, so I connected with wire.

And connected my tab via wifi 5GHZ

Conclusion this set up made no difference to my LAG ISSUES exactly the same as my original set up of ps4 connected to sky router via wifi and tablet connected over wifi.

I’ve tried so many different techniques I could go on all day.

The best technique that works for me is to

Connect the ps4 to sky router wired.

Disconnect the Bluetooth DS4 controller from tablet

Create second dummy account (but cannot play fifa 15 online with my own profile).

I can now play with hardly any lag issues.

I think the problem is the DS4 controller it causing lag issues when connected to Z3 tablet over Bluetooth.

I sure hope SONY sort this out because its false advertisement, I will be making a formal complaint, I know it’s got nothing to do with my hardware, the problem is the new Sony hardware I brought.

Tablet £330

GCM10 £30

Router £80

Total £440

On a device that does not work properly I’m fuming right now not to mention the time I’ve taken to research to get things working half way.

Please if anyone has any help please let me know thanks.