account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

problems xperia z after software repair

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

problems xperia z after software repair

hey

I did a software repair on my phone after following instructions on here on how to fix my headphone jack.  This fixed the problem with my headphone jack and everything seemed better than norml, but now I'm having problems with my phone shutting down constantly and I have to turn it back on.  It only last a couple of munites before turning off again.  Last night it wouldn't come back on at all until I could get home to charge it.  The battery was at 46% so I know it wasn't because it didn't have a charge.  I have also notice that the battery presentage keeps chaging.  It was at 100% at first and then at 24% when Itried the safe mood (again sugested again on here that this could help), and then 90% once off safe mood.  I took it off it's charger and a couple munites later it's at 74%.  I have no idea what's wrong and just really want my phone to work again. what can I do to fix this?

UPDATE: I don't think it has to do with apps as I've just uninstaled all the ones I added

1 REPLY 1
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: problems xperia z after software repair

The shutting down issue could be cause by a faulty Sim card and the battery percentage changing significantly could be due to a faulty battery or it could be that it has a hardware fault affecting both aspects you report, you would need to either return your device to the place of purchase or contact Xperia care and have your device inspected http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman