account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

problem with walkman and auto rotating screen

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

problem with walkman and auto rotating screen

Hi guys!!

Hoping you can help with these problems I'm having as although they're not too serious they are annoying me.
1) my walkman player sometimes (sometimes frequently) stutters when playing a song like it's struggling, despite not having any other apps running most of the time :/ this is the worst gripe for me because I use music playback everyday and love the sound quality.

2) the auto rotate feature of the phone sometimes seems to be deactivated. I have it in quick settings so am able to turn it back on easily, but it's annoying that it would do this, is it a known issue or am I missing a setting somewhere?Slightly frowning Face

Any response is welcome Grinning Face cheers guys and gals Slightly smiling Face!

Calum.
5 REPLIES 5
Emperor
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: problem with walkman and auto rotating screen

the home launcher will only rotate if the phone its connected to the Dock, otherwise it won't. 

Is the music stored on the SD card or internal storage?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

This isn't just something with the home screen aha, the feature actually keeps turning off- forcing me to turn it back on.

I'm not sure where the music is stored :/ I mainly use music unlimited for my music and store most offline but can't find where it downloads too :/
Emperor
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

It's probably and app acting up 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Actually, I've been having problems. My Xperia Z1s after the latest update, won't rotate the screen automatically. And I'm not talking about the Home screen. I'm talking about everything else. Is there a way to fix this.... Or?

Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Do you have auto rotate enabled?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.