account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

problem in device after updating to lolipop

Message 1 of 20
Message 1 of 20

problem in device after updating to lolipop

everything looks fine and smooth, espacially the battery... But, there is a bug (should be fixed with another update) sound is too low..

So low, really hard to hear the ring in a street, even hard to listen to the music with ear piece...

in Music, sorround effect choice kicks off when the screen changed...

all the other features working fine, I liked it but the sound issue is veru annoying...

19 REPLIES 19
Emperor
Message 2 of 20
Message 2 of 20

Re: problem in device after updating to lolipop

Which app are you using to play music? Uf you are using the walkman ap, Which settings are you using?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 3 of 20
Message 3 of 20

forgot to indicate that the device is xperia z c6603 running 100.6.A.0.454 android 5.0.2

Message 4 of 20
Message 4 of 20

old walkman (now music app) and setting is like that;

Sound Quality > Sound Effects > Clera audio (off), > sound effect > Eq (adjusted), surround sound (vpt) whatever I choose from concert hall, club, studio, it changes to off when the screen returns back...

Emperor
Message 5 of 20
Message 5 of 20

@barbarosgunes

concert hall, club, studio are only for headphones, are you aware of that? 

do you have stamina mode on?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 6 of 20
Message 6 of 20

yes I am aware of that, tried it with headphone...

stamina mode is always on, ultra stamina is off...

actually, that is not that important for the time being, but low sound in speakers (including the ring) and in headsets is a real annoying problem after the update... I hope it can be fixed with upcoming update...

Message 7 of 20
Message 7 of 20

and adding the screen view for the device...Screenshot_2015-05-24-21-17-19.jpg

Emperor
Message 8 of 20
Message 8 of 20

@barbarosgunes

could you upload the picture to box or dropbox as I can't see the picture 

Phy
Forum Legend
Message 9 of 20
Message 9 of 20

boot on safe mode and disable stamina mode and check again

How to boot on safe mode.
http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008
One time poster
Message 10 of 20
Message 10 of 20

Hi. I upgraded my Z1 C6903 on Wednesday to Lollipop using Sony PC Companion. Agree with "barbarosgunes", I have the same issue with my phone (sound is too low), plus my Radio application is not working, or if u least it makes no sound at all (not through the earphones, nor the speaker), though it appears to be working, I run Track ID and it recognises the song playing...
Is this normal? Shall I wait for another update? Shall I reinstall the upgrade using Sony PC Companion?
I really you can help me out. Cheers