account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

power management tips notifications

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

power management tips notifications

Hi guys,

Had my Z1 since release and loving it however one small thing that I would like to turn off is the power management tip notifications.

I regularly get several notifications at a time telling me that I haven't used the application for some time, which I can understand why it would be useful for some people but I don't need them and would like them disabled. Just want the power management 'tips' disabled if possible.

I am new to android having moved from IPhone (don't worry I'm not going back!) and checked in the power management menus and can't see anywhere to disable the tips and cannot find them in the apps menu to tick the disable notification box although wondering if they are labelled as something different in there?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance
6 REPLIES 6
Emperor
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: power management tips notifications

There isn't a way to do so 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Really? That's rubbish, is it a Sony/Z1 thing or an android thing?

Thanks
Emperor
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

It seems to be a Sony thing, I get them on my Xperia Z even if I don't use Stamina mode

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z-ZL-ZR/How-to-disable-Power-Management-Tips/td-p/316440

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Thank you for your help, much appreciated.

Let's hope Sony address this soon as it seems they have addressed some of the other issues in the other forum you have linked to as I think I found options to disable or enable sound/vibrate/led in stamina mode while looking to fix my issue.

Thanks again uliwooly!
One time poster
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

I can't believe this isn't an option. Sony can't really think everyone wants this message from every single app. Every morning I have about 10 of these. And there is a tick box that says OK No longer notfy, but initially tapping these, the message would accept and go away, now, tapping it does nothing since the last update. Grrr....

I just want the Power Management Tips gone! I know I haven't used an app for awhile. There may well be a good reason.

At least the_savage is not alone, and nor am I!!

Thanks guys, Colin.

Adviser
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Yeah same problem here. Pretty shocking really as they don't clear when you tap "ok, don't show me again." and no option to disable them. Really sony? Do you even test this stuff? Shoddy software and lack of attention to detail is why so many fail e.g Nokia (symbian) / Blackberry. How do you expect to compete with the likes of Apple etc?