account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

possible fix for read error

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

possible fix for read error

My phone is not even a month old & after i updated the softwear, pf which i received a message to update, I keep getting this 'read error'. I have no idea what is causing it & how it can be rectified. Any suggestions welcome.

Also, the phone hangs alot. The contact list takes forever to load & messages say not responding more often than not. This is definately not something I expected from a brand new Sony Xperia.

3 REPLIES 3
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: possible fix for read error

Sounds like you need to run a repair which can happen after performing an update

To run or perform a repair 1st make sure you have backed up any important data and that your phone is switched off and unplugged from your Pc then open PC Companion - Click on Support zone then Update my phone/tablet then in Blue click Repair my phone/tablet - When prompted hold volume down making sure your phone is still switched off and connect your USB cable to begin the repair

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Visitor
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

I followed each step as mentioned, but read error still pops up. I am extremely frustrated and want to return the phone. Is there any sollution or is it an inbuilt problem?

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Did you have the error in previous firmware ?

If not revert back to 4.1.2 until fixes for 4.3 have been released..

I am also experiencing some issues with dialpad/contacts taking forever to load on 4.3.. Even longer than games in most instances. That should be their main focus point as it is a phone in my opinion.

A Nokia 3310 can load into messenger quicker.. Its embarrassing

I am also experiencing apps crashing after first installation and taking forever for the phone to 'get used to' the app..