account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

pls help,i want my 4.1 update back

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 16
Message 1 of 16

pls help,i want my 4.1 update back

Good day..i recently updated my xsp..and i like it but im not stisfied with the speed..i experienced occational lags and it pisses mo off..can somebody help me of downgrading my phone back to 4.1 the safe way...pls help...this is my first android phone so i need assistance thaks guys
15 REPLIES 15
TJ
Commissioner
Message 2 of 16
Message 2 of 16

Re: pls help,i want my 4.1 update back

Apprentice
Message 3 of 16
Message 3 of 16

Thank mr tj..but is that the only way?iam really not so good about computer stuff...if you have the time can you at least explain to me the process more detailed and in much easier way to understand.?im sorry for the trouble and my bad eng.
TJ
Commissioner
Message 4 of 16
Message 4 of 16

kramecra

It is bit tedious then, there is video on how to flash on the same thread I posted you earlier.

I only can simplify by saying that you can install Android 4.1 over Android 4.3 by flashing and that flashing tutorial is given in that above thread.

My recommendation is to wait for a bit, we may see Sony releasing an update soon in which issues raised by users are addressed.

Apprentice
Message 5 of 16
Message 5 of 16

Ok so i think i need to hold a little longer about this problem..the thing ulis im so upset because update means improvement and as of now i dont see improvement...thanks a lot bro..i hope ur right about sony giving update again.

Message 6 of 16
Message 6 of 16

as you might see there is some people that face speed problem after update

so i recommend you do factory reset or repair by SUS then think about downgrading

Adept
Message 7 of 16
Message 7 of 16

@Danial-mach1
what's the difference between sus and
pc companion (in repairing software or updating)
Apprentice
Message 8 of 16
Message 8 of 16

I have tried the repair using pcc and restart factory and some hard reset...but i ended up the same...how im a able to use the fon if it keeps on lagging...oh men...
Message 9 of 16
Message 9 of 16

SUS will completly reinstall firmware..and you are sure thats a clean copy of firmware

but PCC try to find and repiar your problem...

i recommend to use SUS..SUS is software that built exactly for update and repair but PCC  is somekind of device manager

Adept
Message 10 of 16
Message 10 of 16

@ Danial-mach1
The firmware downloaded from SUS is same
as the software updated by pc companion
So how it will fix
Or the firmware in SUS is updated regularly like fixing bugs (I don't think so)