account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

phone freezes and goes into a bootloop :(

Enthusiast
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

phone freezes and goes into a bootloop :(

hi . im having this problem with my phone most of the time ( not always )

mainly happens when my battery dies and when i charge it and turn it back on...

when i turn it on it comes up as usual... sd card loads... and everything turns on then if i dont unlock the phone it goes in to a bootloop

and if i do unlock it i can use it for 2 mins until it freezes and it goes into a bootloop again

but then sometimes i am able to use the phone after unlocked without it going into a bootloop

i just wanna know why this happens Slightly frowning Face because it is quite annoying now ..

and how do i fix it

im am running ics and rooted

plus i think it happens once the SD card loads ... i think idk .. any help ??

2 REPLIES 2
One time poster
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: phone freezes and goes into a bootloop :(

did u install any app recently?think about when the bootloop started and if u installed an app just before or did u modified7deleted any files?

u can also try to repair with pcc or in the worst case you can reinstall the software using flashtool

Highlighted
Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: phone freezes and goes into a bootloop :(

As per the above instructions:

To repair the phone software
1.     Install PC Companion on a Windows PC from Support
2.     Turn on the phone, and connect it to the PC using a USB cable.
3.     In PC Companion, under Support Zone and click Start.
4.     Under Phone Software Update, click Start.
5.     Click repair phone.
6.     Follow the on-screen instructions. 

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.