account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

pc companion refuses to see my phone

One time poster
Message 1 of 14
Message 1 of 14

pc companion refuses to see my phone

So, using pc-companion, I try to connect to my phone. Of course this doesn't work when it's already plugged in, so I disconnect and reconnect like a mad man, wearing out the tiny usb-connector like there's no tomorrow. And still it won't see my phone. The farthest I get is pc-companion saying it needs to be updated, but of course, it then says it's already at the newest version.

Lather, rinse, repeat. But no connection.

Between the short battery time, the annoying audio bug, the immensely crappy firmware, even crappier software and non-existent support I'm pretty sure this was my first and last sony phone. Thanks for taking my money and delivering nothing.

13 REPLIES 13
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 2 of 14
Message 2 of 14

Re: pc companion refuses to see my phone

Download a new Sony pc companion from here http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/

One time poster
Message 3 of 14
Message 3 of 14

Yeah did that twice, on 2 pc's. Yes, it's really the newest version and no it DOES NOT WORK.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 4 of 14
Message 4 of 14

Does the notification LED glow when connecting usb?

One time poster
Message 5 of 14
Message 5 of 14

Yup, it lights up and charges on usb as usual. SD card also shows up as storage under windows (after a long, long time). Other than that : nothing.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 6 of 14
Message 6 of 14

Go to settings, sony ericsson, connectivity, usb mode and select media transfer mode MTP restart your phone and pc and try connecting again

One time poster
Message 7 of 14
Message 7 of 14

The 'USB connection mode' menu entry gives me a nice explanation of MTP and MSC, but does not allow me to select either....

It has worked in the past, exactly once, and only after a lot of trying. Now it simply refuses to work. Probably another bug in this horrid B.3.162 firmware.

One time poster
Message 8 of 14
Message 8 of 14

Exactly the same issue.  I tried dozens of times and it will not connect. 

Forum Legend
Message 9 of 14
Message 9 of 14

try donloading Sony Update Service http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/update-service/

or manually install drivers

Xperia™ P, Xperia™ U, and Xperia™ sola drivers (8 MB)

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
One time poster
Message 10 of 14
Message 10 of 14

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I have the Update Service installed.  However when I try to follow the steps to install the update steps nothing happens (the part where you turn off the phone and then connect the cable and at the same time press the volume down key).

How do you manually install the drivers?

Thanks again for your post.