account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

oil bag dropped on Xperia SP

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

oil bag dropped on Xperia SP

hi viewers,

I want to share some of the bad news with you.

a few days earlier I dropped opened oil bag on my phone ...

oil entered my phone and ruined the display's back paper!...

now a few patches of oil has covered the display thus greatly affecting the display of ma phone and it looks like shaded on screen...

please give any suggestions to take out oil. Slightly frowning Face

i have already tried vacuum cleaner and took out the max,I could so still alot of oil is underneath display.

Please help me...

Thanks in advance! 

4 REPLIES 4
Learner
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: oil bag dropped on Xperia SP

If your warranty is still alive. Best is to send it to sony authorize service center. Im sure they will replace with new one with minimum charges.

I had my other brand phone soaked with water. And the lcd paper issues like u do. Got in the phone with the sevice center. Saying that they would replace it with min charge even the warranty is out.
Just some thoughts of mine..
Talent
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

for me the build quality is not that much great..mine has got few particles of dust inside the screen and also when I remove the back cover while the screen is turned on I can see light of screen..!! has anybody noticed that plz confirm here and also the chromium paint on the bezel has also chipped off from charging port side..:@:@
Talent
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

sorry for above post.. posted in wrong thread..;-)
Visitor
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

I have the dust particles under the glass too, **bleep** it's so annoying! Slightly frowning Face