account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

not able to view 720p and 1080 p videos after lollypop upgrade

Highlighted
Message 11 of 21
Message 11 of 21

Re: not able to view 720p and 1080 p videos after lollypop upgrade

Try this: settings-apps-all,scroll down to movies (video),force stop and clear data. 

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Emperor
Message 12 of 21
Message 12 of 21

@aakya

Do they work with another video player? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 13 of 21
Message 13 of 21

@alex: it work now but new issue detected ....cant fast forward the video....its getting stuck ....
@uli: it didnt worked with other players also
Same issue....
Message 14 of 21
Message 14 of 21

Usually 1080p videos might lag a bit when you fast forward, the processing takes some time.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Emperor
Message 15 of 21
Message 15 of 21

@aakya

transfer them to a computer and try to play them there, just to double check that the files aren't corrupted. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 16 of 21
Message 16 of 21

@alex :No i dont think so....i m playing 720 and it works now with steps suggested by u but again i have to follow the same next time to watch it again...also when i fast track it hangs and atruck to present scene i waited for 5 mins.....
@ uli: files are playable and not corrupted i watch the video yesterday and now its giving issue after upgrade .
Guys this isnt laggng or corruption...
Emperor
Message 17 of 21
Message 17 of 21

@aakya

Boot on safe mode and try again

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008

Message 18 of 21
Message 18 of 21

If what uli suggests doesn't help,you may need to perform a software repair using PC Companion.The process will erase all internal memory.You might need to charge your device for about 1-2 hours before so the device has at least 80% battery.

Make sure the device is not connected to computer or laptop and turned off (sometimes you have to press power button and volume up until the device vibrates 3 times or on some devices you have to press the small button near the SIM tray or on the back of the device).

Open PC companion->support zone->phone/tablet software update->repair my phone/tablet blue highlighted.Follow the steps given,do not connect your phone until prompted to press volume down while plugging USB cable. If PC companion does not start the repair process, you might need to run it in compatibility mode with Windows 7 (in some cases XP).

Visitor
Message 19 of 21
Message 19 of 21

Sorry guys for late reply....thanks for update....here is what i did and it worked for me.....
First connected my phone to pc ....refreshed my all videos files store in phone as well as sd....
Then disconnected and restarted phone...
And to my surprise it worked...
All 720 and 1080 videos are running fine now....
No idea how itworked....but worth a try....
Thanks againfor your propt response and support guys
Message 20 of 21
Message 20 of 21

Anytime,this was a strange case indeed.