account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

not able to view 720p and 1080 p videos after lollypop upgrade

Visitor
Message 1 of 21
Message 1 of 21

not able to view 720p and 1080 p videos after lollypop upgrade

not able to view 720p and 1080 p videos after lollypop upgrade on my zperia z phone . Please suggest .
20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
Message 2 of 21

Re: not able to view 720p and 1080 p videos after lollypop upgrade

What happens? Do you use a 3rd party video player?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Emperor
Message 3 of 21
Message 3 of 21

@aakya

Is this on youtube? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 4 of 21
Message 4 of 21

@alexdon: no i havent .. Just upgraded as per ota release....in kitkat it worked fine....
Hello support team please check....
Message 5 of 21
Message 5 of 21

As uli has asked,is this on youtube or videos stored in internal?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Emperor
Message 6 of 21
Message 6 of 21

@aakya

You need to elaborate more, are those videos on your phone's internal storage and/or SD card? 

are you streaming the videos? if you are, which app?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 7 of 21
Message 7 of 21

Videos stored in internal storage and i am using default video app from sony....
Message 8 of 21
Message 8 of 21

Strange,and this occured only after lollipop? What is the error or what is the problem you have got?

Emperor
Message 9 of 21
Message 9 of 21

@aakya

Just to make sure, how do you know that they aren't being played on 720 or 1080? are the videos on 1080 or 720?

Visitor
Message 10 of 21
Message 10 of 21

@alex: See when i play this videos there is only voice heard but no video....
@uli: both not payable
As i said earlier same video was playable fine with kitkat....