account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

night mode camera

Enthusiast
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

night mode camera

Hi, I had tried camera in automatic mode in night.. It lags to the core but in manual mode with sports scene selected it works fine.. Can I know what to do for better function
7 REPLIES 7
Emperor
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: night mode camera

Its not quite lag, just instead of a quick snap it will take a longer exposure, the longer the exposure the more light will get to the sensor 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

This might be useful

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/Capture-better-photos-in-low-light-conditions/m-p/395397#U395397

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

I agree with above link... But then to camera works to slow in low light.... It's like playing crisis in pentium 4 pc :-P
Emperor
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

And this lag its w/o flash correct? 

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Nope.. The camera itself has some bugs... Coz in low light it doesn't gives good fps.. But if in manual mode you select sports scene the camera movement is clear... I guess there's some problem with the night mode function...
Enthusiast
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

also in manual mode when you turn on sports scene .. the screen turns out to be dark then the usual .. the same has been observed in an old version of AR effects ...when it was turned on pics would get too dark,, then after update it got better.. i  guess camera update is what we need more than just giving updates for walkman, album , and movies.. please sony i insist on it.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

electro_nik

Don't worry. They won't fix the camera issue.