account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

network roaming

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

network roaming

I m using vodafone india nd my xperia l is showing a R but when I use it with diffrent cell its working fine.Y its happening so
6 REPLIES 6
Demigod
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: network roaming

Go to Settings--More--Mobile networks--Network operators--Search mode--Select automatically.

If it doesn't work or already set to select automatically, go to Settings--More--Mobile networks--Network operators--Search for all available networks--then select your home network.

Adept
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

having same problem.

i am on docomo(India) network, i think there is no solution for this.

Talent
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

There is no solution to this. The guys at sony centre blame the network operators while the network operators blame the phone having a bug.

Even though extra charges for raoming are not charged, this problem used to distract me off a lot..but with other major bugs, i just learnt to live with it.. Face with stuck-out Tongue Slightly frowning Face

Adept
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

But i think this Roaming bug disturbs data connection, my data connection stops working every hour and i have to repeat process of 'TURN OFF and ON(data con.)' to make it work again, and network freezes like every few hours. when network feezes, phone works but can't make call and usr data con. so u have to restart the phone to make it work.

I have been using docomo sim in other phones but never had this kind of problem.

Commissioner
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

@KamalSoni wrote:

But i think this Roaming bug disturbs data connection, my data connection stops working every hour and i have to repeat process of 'TURN OFF and ON(data con.)' to make it work again, and network freezes like every few hours. when network feezes, phone works but can't make call and usr data con. so u have to restart the phone to make it work.

I have been using docomo sim in other phones but never had this kind of problem.

For your information tata docomo's interent disconnect in every 40 mintues. Google it.
if you have any problem regarding call and messaging switch your network mode in gsm only or wcdma only.

I personally suggest you that change your Apn TATA.DOCOMO.INTERENT to TATADOCOMO3G. So you can connect your internet without switch off your phone. I prefer to use my network mode in gsm only because gsm uses less battery than wcdma. It would be better if you change your service provider docomo to idea or vodafone. they don't have disconnection problem.

If I help you in any way hit the Kudos  Kudos 2.JPG and / or mark the correct answerSolution.JPG

Adept
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

yeah i googled it and you're right.

now i am using as TATADOCOMO3G but still have same problem.

i am not porting to other network cuz docomo has cheap net plans :smileysmileywink: but thinking to port in future if this get more worse.