account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

need a nac code

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 13
Message 1 of 13

need a nac code

Hello I buyed my Sony experia z1 from Ireland Vodafone but now I live in Uk and changed the Sim card but it want me to enter nac.The problem is I asked Vodafone to provide me this code and they want me to pay for that by topping up my card with 77 euro to make 127 euro calls for 6 months to be qualified for the code can Sony give me this code please I need him.
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Message 2 of 13

Re: need a nac code

I do not think sony can do anything,you need to contact network operator.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Learner
Message 3 of 13
Message 3 of 13

Why after all its Sony brand not Samsung I buyed from Sony its their job to keep me updated with any problems with their products.Its like buy a car from Mercedes the car cant move they to told me its not their job.Do you think that the client from now on will buy something from them.
Message 4 of 13
Message 4 of 13

If you bought it from Vodafone Ireland,they have the rights to change firmware according to their need.I suggest you contact xperia care and see if they can help you:

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Forum Legend
Message 5 of 13
Message 5 of 13

Buying from an operator it will be locked to their network - Pay a little more for Generic and or unlocked devices and you can use it on any network

1st you should check if your phone can be unlocked or is it permanently locked

Dial *#*#7378423#*#* then go to Service info then Sim lock and post results exactly as they are

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 13
Message 6 of 13

I understand your concern, however, OEM make changes to the devices upon the destiny operator request and when you want to take the device which is brabded to another network, the original carrier/operator will give the code. Some of them will charge you depending on the contract.

Sony is out of the picture here even thou they make the devices. Get in touch with the old operator to get the code. This is the only way.

Learner
Message 7 of 13
Message 7 of 13

It dont work this dial
Learner
Message 8 of 13
Message 8 of 13

Its written that network is 1 everything else is 0
Message 9 of 13
Message 9 of 13

Do you get any x's between [ ]?

Learner
Message 10 of 13
Message 10 of 13

Yes only on the first wich is network 1 and x on it