account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

myxperia in the case of burglary

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

myxperia in the case of burglary

I was wondering how "myxperia" in the case of burglary would work. My screen lock setting is a pattern; the unabling of the myxperia app still seems to be very easy. The stealer just has to press the power botton and activate the flight mode or turn the power off. Are there any settings that would allow the activation of the afore mentioned options only after the correct entered pattern?

Thank you very much.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Re: myXperia. Security

I think my xperia allows you to locate and erase your phone memory if your phone is stolen.But of course the stealer can get pass it,if he turns off the device and uses a flash tool.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Apprentice
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Thx a lot for your answer; so it is not really reliable . One of the first things a thief might do, is enabling the flightmodus. Are there no options available to make myxperia a bit more sophisticated, for instance allowing only the use of the power button after unlocking the phone????

Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

I really do not know,but the first thing you can do when you lose or someone steals your phone is to lock it and eventually erase the memory(even though the SD card stays intact).You can find out more by contacting your local xperia care.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

One time poster
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Re: myxperia in the case of burglary

I have just had my phone stolen from my home and it seems myxperia is useless.  From the support on the page:

• If you are unlucky, the person who has found your device turns it off, inactivates my Xperia or disables any necessary service, my Xperia will not be able to control your device.

In other words what will they do ?   Simply factory reset the phone.

SONY YOU CAN DO BETTER THAN THIS  !!!!!!!!!

Once activated on the phone it should not be able to de-activated it without unlocking the boot loader and installing a custom ROM.  

It  would be much better if the phone contacted the myxperia service and asked if the myxperia was enabled rather than making this an option on the phone.   This would make it unstealable without the use of some sort of exploit to root it.

If it would properly it might have got me my car back and solved a crime.

Demigod
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Re: myxperia in the case of burglary

Seriously now. When you lost your phone, do you really think you will get it back? Only few things can happen when someone found a phone:

1 -  Keep and use it.

2 - Reformat/Reset the phone and use it.

3 -  Sell it.

And most of the time, it will be no 3. Because it's the safest & easiest thing to do. 

I'm not saying that it's pointless to have myxperia. Just saying that we should take it with a pinch of salt. It's not perfect. Nothing is. At least it gives us a tiny bit of hope.

But as to how useful it will be, we won't know until we've lost an Xperia ourself. Anguished Face