account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

myXperia draining battery

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

myXperia draining battery

Hi,

The myXperia app is draining the most battery in my phone, I have turned the GPS off and also deactivated myXperia from security settings but it consumes the same amount of battery time under the GPS title as the phone has in total discharge. Meaning if the phone says 10 hours discharging, the myXperia app shows GPS on time as 10 hours, however my GPS is off for sure and myXperia is also deactivated under securtiy.

How do I completely stop the myXperia service? Any help?

10 REPLIES 10
Emperor
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: myXperia draining battery

Settings > apps > all > myxperia > disable 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adviser
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

Forgot to mention, I am not getting the disable option for myXperia. Slightly frowning Face The disable button itself is disabled. What to do? 

Emperor
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

Settings > security > myXperia > turn it off 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Inhabitant
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

LOL Grinning Face

It is more important how others perceive us than how we perceive ourselves.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

I've been testing this for a few days but MyXperia doesn't even show up on my battery usage list with the GPS enabled. Is it possible that you had a computer logged on to myxperia.sonymobile.com during this time?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Adviser
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

Well, I recently factory reset my phone and since then I have not used myXperia at all, so it's not consuming any battery. But when I did use it, for the first time, I did login using a computer as well, but then the computer wasn't on all the while and I wasn't logged in all the while. Still it did show up as the top battery consumer in power management.

Can you tell me what your settings are for MyXperia?
Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

MyXperia doesn't really have any settings. It's just on/off.

Hard to say for sure what could have caused the high battery usage but i suspect tracking was active from your computer.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

Well i am experiencing the same issue after doing a factory reset.after factory reset the myxperia was disabled so i enabled it and from that time onwards its drainning my battery..showing gps almost 5hrs..and my gps is disabled
Regular
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

Same here. But this time, MyXperia service is always on after the latest update.Screenshot_2014-08-09-10-02-56.jpg