account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

my device did not play music threw Bluetooth

Visitor
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

my device did not play music threw Bluetooth

i had a Xpera M5 dual sim sony device.

i connect my phone to my Car bluetooth, i can make and recive calls from the car correctly , but the problem is:

when i play music with my phone, i can hear nothing from the car audio device, although i can change the playing music with car audio buttoms .

i test my car with my other phone, is work correctly and play music well, it seem that Sony Xperia (As always) had some problem

my car is BMW and my phone Xperia m5 updated with latest software.

can anybody help me?

4 REPLIES 4
Emperor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: my device did not play music threw Bluetooth

Is your car stereo compatible with Android or just iOS (to play music)?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Genius
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

It may happen the 1st time you pair them, go in settings,...

It may happen the 1st time you pair them, go in settings, Bluetooth and tap to the Bluetooth name for your BMW, you should be able to see something like the attached screenshot. If media is not selected just check it and try again, also the 1st time the volume may be down. Open your player, play a song and the using the volume buttons raise the volume up and check if like this it works.
Screenshot_20161009-161004.png

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!
Visitor
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

I check with other android phones, it workes.
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

I also had lots of problems with Bluetooth Headset (Sony SBH54 by the way) and Xperia M5 running Android 5. With Android 6.0 these problems seems to be fixed..