account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

m5 freeze issue

Visitor
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

m5 freeze issue

IMG-20160203-00006.jpg

my phone suddenly freeze like this very often. every time this happen, it freeze and i cant do anything unless restart it with lock+volume up or waiting for it to restart by itself. this  is happening really really often. i've tried to repair or restore with pcc, even reinstalling it, but nothing change. i've took it to service center, waiting for 2 weeks, and when it done they said, we just reinstall it, it sholud be fine. which is not, cause that photo up there i take after i'm taking my phone from the service centre. and what they really do is only doing something that i've done (and have told them) earlier. now, what should i do?

4 REPLIES 4
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: m5 freeze issue

Hi,

After you have reinstalled the software, do you restore any backup and/or installing applications? Do you have the possiblity to run the phone without SIM- and/or SD-card for a while to see if same thing happens?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

i have tried all of these things below

-restoring backup

-not restoring backup

-install app

-not install app

-run it with sim and ekstern memory

-run it without sim and ekstern memory

and there's no any different, the same thing always happens. i dont even get what trigerred this problem.

Emperor
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

@bash44

You should contact your Local support to get your device inspected

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

I agree with uliwooly to have your phone examined once again. If possible, I suggest that you try to describe as much as possible when you hand the phone to the service center, what you've tried and how this can be replicated. 

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but you have tried all the things you can on your own.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.