account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

internal memory unmounted

Visitor
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

internal memory unmounted

I mistakenkly clicked on ' unmount internal storage' and now I can't access photos, music or vids and can't download games . my SD isn't working either . a message pops up that internal storage isn't available.

How can I fix it ? I have A Sony xperia V

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: internal memory unmounted

Hi Glory1,

Welcome to the community,

Have you tried restarting the handset to see if the storage mounts again?

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

I have formatted my phone as well a number of times but its still not working. Also SD card is not recognized by the phone :/ 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

You may need to perform a software repair on the device to help resolve this one. I have supplied instructions below.

1. Before you start you have to download the PC Companion software from PC Companion
and install it on your PC.
2. Once installed on your PC, double-click the PC Companion icon on your desktop to start the update.
Note! For some models you will be prompted to do a backup prior to the update and then restore.
3. Install and open PC Companion then select Support Zone.
4. Phone Software Update.
5. Start.
6. Repair Phone
7. Continue
8. Accept data removal
9. Next
10. Wait for prepare
11. Select Phone
12. Follow the connection steps

Let me know the results.

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Visitor
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Ive followed ur instructions however it still didnt amount to nothing . when I try to access photos an error saying : 'memory unavailable. Memory unmounted or unavailable .mount memory to continue ' pops up :/
Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

That is really unfortunate, in this case I can only advise that you get the handset to a service agent to be checked. Use my signature to find contacts details for your region.