account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

how to make dual sim active

Message 11 of 20
Message 11 of 20

Re: how to make dual sim active

I have uploaded the screen shots of the Network settings for both the SIM Cards. The second SIM does not have the option for selecting the Network Mode. SIM1 is used for Data & there is no data plan on SIM2

I keep moving from Home to Roaming network daily, so cannot keep the network on manual selection, have to keep it on Automatic

Network Mode.jpg

Message 12 of 20
Message 12 of 20

You should get to closest sony service for further help.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Inhabitant
Message 13 of 20
Message 13 of 20

@alexdon,

There is no use in going to the neareast service centre. This is again a software issue and need to be fixed by sony developers. Every T2 Dual handset sets the same config and issue as mentioned in the above screen shots.

Message 14 of 20
Message 14 of 20

Ref to the earlier snapshot I had uploaded which showed the mobile of one SIM not getting captured, it was for a micro SIM, & the number which was displayed was of a normal SIM cut in size. Now when I replaced the cut SIM to a Micro one (64k supplied by the Operator), the numbers for both the SIMs are not being detected.

It is getting evident that the issue seems to be with the phone is not able to read micro SIMs. I have read that apart from the size, there is nothing different in the the SIMs, but then this is an outcome after chaging both the SIMs.

I am uploading the image showing now numbers detected. The earlier image had one number of the SIM which was cut.

New discoveries, hope Sony is listening & will solve these problems.

Phone auto restarts are getting rampant now 29 restarts in 7 days. I have selected the 'Send usage info' right from the first day, hope Sony is collecting this info & rectify soon.Dual SIM.jpg

Highlighted
Adept
Message 15 of 20
Message 15 of 20

Same problem with me cant using 2nd sim for (2G) data usage I have also check this after sim 1  data disabling but wont work.  if you rechage data on 2nd sim how can use without sim replacement??

Message 16 of 20
Message 16 of 20

You cannot have both SIMs on data at the same time.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 17 of 20
Message 17 of 20

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your phone.

Regarding the phone restarting itself i suggest that you first try to reinstall the phones software using Update Service.
If the issue should still remain i think that this needs to be examined and fixed at a repair center. For more information about how to submit your phone for repair and where, contact your local support team.

Many operators do not program your phone number into the SIM-card which is required in order for the phone to detect it automatically. If the operator has not programmed your number into the SIM-card the phone will instead ask for your numbers when you enable dual SIM reachability.
To check if the number has been programmed into the SIM or not you can put it in another Android phone and go to Settings -> About phone -> Status and see if your number is displayed there automatically.

If the dual SIM reachability doesn't work or give you a network error, please contact your operator to make sure that you are able to forward calls with your SIM and subscription.

Only one SIM-card can be on the 3G-network so when SIM1 is set to WCDMA preferred or WCDMA only, SIM2 will use GSM only and you can't select network mode for it. If you were able to change SIM2 to WCDMA preferred or WCDMA only this would set SIM1 to GSM only.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Enthusiast
Message 18 of 20
Message 18 of 20

t2 ultra second sim is only 2G

Hi sony,
why the 2ndsim of xperia t2 ultra is configured only for2G? consumes lot of battery power due to 2G. It would have been more efficient had it been also made for 3G.

Message 19 of 20
Message 19 of 20

Re: t2 ultra second sim is only 2G

Actually 2G needs less resources than 3G.And that is how dual standby devices work.

Rookie
Message 20 of 20
Message 20 of 20

i insert wrong phone number and having result like this snapshot