account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

how to hide app without root

Adviser
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

how to hide app without root

i want to hide some apps on my xperia and i tried several app-hiders but all of them needs mobile to be rooted. is there any way to hide apps without rooting or to change icon and name?

8 REPLIES 8
One time poster
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: how to hide app without root

If you want to hide an app from drawer but continue using the app, then consider installing an alternative launcher from the play store... like go launcher, holo launcher, nova, apex, adw, launcher pro... I think all of them have the option to hide apps Slightly smiling Face

If you want to hide it and not use it then you can go to settings - all - find the app you want to hide, click on it, clear data and disable it - you might have to uninstall updates before it offers disable Winking Face

Adviser
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

this apps changes phone menu?

One time poster
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

You mean launcher? It changes the look of the home screens, app drawer and icons, yes.
Try it, it can't hurt Winking Face

Adviser
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

but i like my xperia u homescreen and app drawer. is there any launcher similar as xperia homescreen and appdrawer?

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

im afraid i dont think so.....  Slightly smiling Face ( and yea i love the sony homescreen too )

One time poster
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

Look, try a few different launchers and see if you like them.
If you don't like them, then you can only disable apps that you don't want to see in your drawer.

Other than that, there's no option to hide apps.

Even if you had root, you couldn't "hide" them in stock launcher.

Only remove them or disable them.

Adviser
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

how to disable app?

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

installing third-party launchers phone will get very slow. Neutral Face