account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

how to hard reset sony xperia z

Rookie
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

how to hard reset my sony xperia z?whice button should i preese??not factory reset!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: how to hard reset sony xperia z

You mean force restart?Power button+vol up until the phone vibrates one time.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Talent
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

Open back compartment, at left side is small button. Use a small tool, paper clip, etc, and depress for 10 or more seconds. Phone should vibrate 3 times. This is the equivalent of removing the battery and a hard reset. (not factory reset).

--
Peter
Xperia ZL C6506
AOKP Rom User
Master
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

Hi, 

If you like to force restart the phone you can do as Alexdon described. 

If you like to reset your phone to factory settings, you can do it directly in the phone by going to settings > backup and reset > factory data reset. You can also do it by repairing the phone software using a computer and the program PC Companion: 

http://www.sonymobile.com/update

In PC Companion, press start on Support Zone > Start on Update the phone/tablet software > Press the blue link that says "Repair phone/tablet".

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

One time poster
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

If i hard reset my sony xperia z through the computer, will I lose all my downloaded apps?
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

Yes,that will happen.But you can backup some of your data.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

hi i have sony xperia z suddenly the touch is not working even charging port is also not working only on/off and volume keys are working nothing else. Indian sony service center deny to help it out because i have purchesed from Germany.kindly help it out

One time poster
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

Dial*#*#7378423#*#*and reset it..
One time poster
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

How to hard reset xperia zr 5.0