account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

how do i play the music on my SD card with Walkman

Highlighted
Learner
Message 11 of 19
Message 11 of 19

Re: how do i play the music on my SD card with Walkman

Just an update to my problem.

I spoke to Sony Helpdesk who advised me to use the PC Companion to do a factory reset using the "Repair Phone" option. This initially fixed my problem, I was able to drag and drop music onto the phone using Windows Explorer. This only lasted 3 days. It has now forgotton the albums that I copied across and File Commander shows that the folder is empty. 

Any ideas?

Highlighted
Genius
Message 12 of 19
Message 12 of 19

Cant understand why you are having this problem.....if there is music on your SD Card then as soon as you open the Walkman App you should see everything, no need for using File Command etc........can you give a detailed example of what happens when you click on the Walkman App....you could always start afresh in deleting the Walkman App (if you are allowed to, not sure) re-install it & try again....keep us up to date :smileysmileywink:

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 13 of 19
Message 13 of 19

I had a message saying my device memory was about 75% and a warning message suggested moving data to SD card. I inserted an 8Gb micro SD card and initiated transfer. Post transfer, my Walkman app is not able to play any of the songs.

If I browse SD card to the music folder on SD card, I can pick individual songs and it still plays in walkman app. How do I referesh the music mapping to play directly off of SD card?

One time poster
Message 14 of 19
Message 14 of 19

Just insert your sd card in the your pc and format it, when the sd is cleaned returned back to the phone and try it again. It worked for me. Dont worry about the files stored in the sd before formating process, they will be re-created again when insertet back to the phone. 

Good luck!

Abel

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 15 of 19
Message 15 of 19

Hello,

I had the same problem, and I found why Walkman doesn't see mp3 songs in the sd card. you have to change the names of songs, after you will have any problem with Walkman. for exemple " 01 - Sam Brown - Stop ", you have to remove " 01 - ". After you can play the music on your sd card. "Sam Brown - Stop"

I did this and It worked Winking Face

Good luck

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 16 of 19
Message 16 of 19

This was one solution...

Just reestarted the phone... thaaa XDDDFace with stuck-out Tongue

Becouse i  change all music frome the phone memory to the SD but i never turn off the phone so i could listen the music.

Thank you alexander for the answer

And TimmyHickey for the Question.

Highlighted
Message 17 of 19
Message 17 of 19

Hi.

i just had the same issue, no music or anything that was on my sd card. The card works fine, phone had a looney moment. Track id i removed, one of the most annoying things in this phone, popped up whenever it felt like it. 

To be honest, good phone overall, but theese little inconviniences are making me think i need a new phone, other than a sony. 

I am sad to write this... I do love the phone :S

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 18 of 19
Message 18 of 19

Guys I had the same problem, I fixed it with this app

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.house.noranuko.mediarescanner

It looks like some times it "gets tired" of searching for new media and stops at a ramdom point, with this app it recognizes everything that is in the sd card.

Hope it helps!

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 19 of 19
Message 19 of 19

Works on Xperia X 2016
Thanks a lot.