account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

hide NFC icon from status bar

Inhabitant
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

hide NFC icon from status bar

How do I get rid of the NFC icon without actually turning NFC off?  I can turn just about everything off using Personalization->Status bar icons, but I don't see an option for NFC there.

8 REPLIES 8
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: hide NFC icon from status bar

Settings then More and untick NFC

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

You cannot remove the icon if the NFC service is on.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Inhabitant
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

Thommo, I don't want to turn NFC off, I just want to get rid of the annoying icon.

Apprentice
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

I have a completely opposite case. I do not see NFC icon on status bar, despite the fact that I turned it on.

Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

@Panoramix That's market related, some carriers decided to still have it while normally it has been removed.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Apprentice
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

That's weird, because I have nonbranded phone. I hope that in the new version of Android will be ability to choose whether to be shown NFC icon or not.
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

See Rickard's reply here:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z-ZL-ZR/NFC-icon-not-displayed-in-status-bar-of-ZL-c6502/m-p/5...

And here by Hampus:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z5-Z5-Compact-Z5-Premium/NFC-not-working-on-a-Z5/m-p/1053391#M...

@Panoramix I have edited my above reply because I did not explain correctly.

Demigod
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

@Panoramix I have it the same as you. I mean - NFC is enabled and no icon is shown on the status bar. There is no option to enable/disable icon in non-branded software, at least in my country and that is in line with answers from @Rickard above. And I actually like it this way Slightly smiling Face

Best regards,
Sergio PL

--
Xperia Z3 Compact / Nexus 7 (2012)