account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

headphones' mike and xperia z3 compact

Apprentice
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

headphones' mike and xperia z3 compact

Hi I am very happy with my 4G/LTE Xperia z3 compact tablet. One issue though. With the phoning app ! I can only use it with "hand free" activated. I can understand that for a tablet although I would prefer to be ridiculous with my tablet on my ear than people hearing my calls. The main problem is when using headphones that can be used for phoning (with a little microphone on it). In that case the mic catches all tiny surrounding sounds (including fingers grabbing it or fabric touching it). It becomes unusable. I even tried with sony sbh52. Same results. It behaves as if the mic always behaves as a hand free one (with a lot of amplification). Did I miss something ? Could you fix this (maybe with the software upgrade to lollipop ;-)) Please, this tablet is the best tool I have ever had !!!
9 REPLIES 9
Emperor
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: headphones' mike and xperia z3 compact

Which headphones are you using? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

I tried a lot of them : The one of my former galaxy note An iPhone one And the sony Bluetooth sbh52 Everything the headphone works great except for the mic
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

Go to settings, apps, all, SmartConnect, clear data. And restart the phone
Apprentice
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

I tried reseting the connect app as described above. After restarting the device, the problem is still here.
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

Try to repair your phone with PC Companion

http://support.sonymobile.com/us/tools/pc-companion/

Apprentice
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

Tried it, everything is fine with my software.

Can anyone with the same tablet tell me if I am the only one to experiment this ?

Can someone from Sony try and answer me ?

My question (is it only my tablet or do all z3 tablets behave like this) should be easy to answer for someone owning the same device or for any tech from sony... Then I would know if I need to repair my phone or cross fingers for next software update.

Thanks

Emperor
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

Have you contacted Xperia Care?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

I though this forum was the place to contact Xperia care...

Howard saoule I contact them ?

Emperor
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

@Phy  has posted the link, check above