account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

good back up app?

Adept
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

good back up app?

Hi. I'm looking for a good back up app which allows me to back up videos as well as the usual stuff. The ones I've tried say they're not big enough. I was going to get ee clone phone but it has awful reviews. I don't want to spend anything preferably... Am I asking for the moon on a stick?
7 REPLIES 7
Emperor
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: good back up app?

to backup your pictures, videos and/or music just transfer them to your PC or use Box.com, Google Drive, G+, etc 

as for the rest

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adept
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Of course I'd f gotten that was in settings. I never use my Google mail so if I've been getting updates I won't know. Does that back up video too? It doesn't give any info a tip what it backs up and when
Adept
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Actually the settings only says it backs up apps etc. Not contacts?
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

The media files should be copied yourself,do not rely on an app for backing them up.For the contacts,messages,etc use pc companion,it is ok.Or myphone explorer.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

In contact app is one very interesting option, "export" :smileysmileywink: This saves all contacts to one .vcf file, or each contact to separate file.

For import such files serves another option, "import" :smileysmileywink:

Adept
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Ok, I Just know I'll forget. I find the back up app that comes with the phone. It says in the text I can back up to cloud but then doesn't give me that option to click?
Highlighted
Adept
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Also our pc is broken, so I really need something that week back up to cloud. On my blackberry I had blackberry protect... Something like that?