account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

front camera is very dark on video

Adviser
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

front camera is very dark on video

at night the front camera becomes very dark while i record a video

is that normal or not

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: front camera is very dark on video

Front camera doesn't have a flash, so you need to be in a well lit environment to be able to use it. It's a 5MP wide angle camera suitable for selfies but still light will be a limitation.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

One time poster
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Ok
Enthusiast
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

The picture is very dark too. Knowing that it is a camera without flash would need to do better in low light. I made a comparison with J5 galaxy without using the flash and the pictures are super bright
The main camera also takes pictures very dark for 13mp. I had an Xperia ZR with the 13mp camera allso ,but i had no such problem.
sony please fix this problem You said you solved all the problems with the new update, but apparently not.
shame

Adviser
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

I hope that problem will be solved on the new update
One time poster
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Well, I received yesterday my M4 Aqua Dual 2333, updated immediately to the last FW, and I've the same problem.

Pics are fine. However, video are much much much dark. You can't see anything untill the room is REALLY bright.

I think it's a SW bug, considering that if pics are bright and videos are not, it means that the hardware works properly.

Just really strange.

I would like to hear something from Sony. Just to say "Hey, we got it!".

One time poster
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

I've been experiencing the same thing at the moment, were the picture quality is fine but when I use the front facing camera to record a video it's very dark.

I would too like to here from Sony as this issue needs to be addressed.