account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

freezing while charging

Enthusiast
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

freezing while charging

Hi, I have noticed my t2 ultra gets freeze while charging. I mean when i am doing something non stop like playing fifa or viewing albums for more than 5 min or so... It started since i get 4.4.3 update. Before I thought it was a problem in fifa2014 but now it happens in normal screen too..

Well, it freezes completely and only power button is active. I mean i can't even shut down phone because touch doesnt work that time but I notice one thing. if i put it to sleep or screen goes blank, it becomes ok... 

so what could be the problem? hardware or software? Actually, i am sure if it starts from 4.4.3. But i noticed it after that update.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: freezing while charging

Have you checked after this new update.. This is mainly due to software
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

no...it was before this update. I mean from 4.4.3 which we got last month..

edit: before anyone say about resetting or repairing from pcc, I had done that already before :p

Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Ok try this update and confirm if problem still persists
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

tried and confirmed it still exists. :p.. 

Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Checked in safe mode??
Emperor
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

How to boot on safemode

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

if that doesn't work then repair it with PCC

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)