account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

diminished battery power with update (Z5 Premium/dual)

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 22
Message 1 of 22

diminished battery power with update (Z5 Premium/dual)

Good things doesn't last forever.  

I was very excited to see the latest update with stamina mode but now I'm regretting it.  I'm not a heavy user at all and used to get by 2-3 days easily without charing.  After the update....there is no juice left on the phone! I have no other choice but charge the phone every day.  

Please PleasePlease give us a proper update, not just sloppy poop! 

21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 2 of 22
Message 2 of 22

Re: diminished battery power with update

@musique101

We'll need more info to better assist you

charge the phone 100% use it as you normally would then once the battery reaches 10%

settings > power management > battery > take screenshots of:

1. the list

2. tap on the graph and take a screenshot

3. back > tap on the top 4 items on the list > take a screenshot of each 

post them all here or upload the screenshots to box or dropbox or google drive or etc and post the link

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 3 of 22
Message 3 of 22

Thanks...will do that. 

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 4 of 22
Message 4 of 22

JoT9Qw.png

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 5 of 22
Message 5 of 22

Re: diminished battery power with update (Z5 Premium/dual)

it happened again as usual. Started out with a 100% and it was down to 10% ....with less than 10 mins of talking on the phone. no other heavy activities throughout the day what-so-ever. 

wanted to attach screenshots but 

settings > power management > battery > list doesn't exist anymore with the latest update.  Do remember seeing it though. 

Back to square one! 

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 6 of 22
Message 6 of 22

@musique101

settings > battery usage 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 7 of 22
Message 7 of 22

Hey Uliwooly!

Mind if I question regarding the Xperia Z5 Compact's battery too? 

Well the 1st 2weeks since buying it last May is Good but at the 3rd week till now,

the battery drains faster BUT! between the 3rd week and this present day, there are 2 SAME WEIRD scenarios occured to me where I turn off stamina mode for several days of those weeks (Stamia Mode on: 19 hours is stated , OFF: 5 hours is stated)

then 1 day where I charged my phone for the 2nd time in 1 day, after plugging out the charger, I noticed the Stamino mode reading when it's OFF is 19hours, so I turned it ON! surprise it gave me the 2Days and 20 hours like the one when I first bought it, that day , I manage to save my battery for 1 day and 20 hours then it came back to the problem of juicing up the battery even at sleep,

then I decided to turn on and off the stamina mode the following days but it won't return to that 2days of reading BUT AGAIN, JUST TODAY! I just re-charged my phone and woah it came back with that 19 hours of reading when Stamina Mode is off, then when I turned Stamina Mode  ON again, it really came back to the 2days and 20 hours like before, What's happening to my phone really?

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 8 of 22
Message 8 of 22

@beeelkuuun

Post the screenshots so we can figure it out.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 9 of 22
Message 9 of 22

I keep forgetting to post...urrgh! So tired of charging my phone all the time...irritated. I will post "10% power left" image later.

Screenshot_20160614-093623.png

Screenshot_20160614-093631.png

Screenshot_20160614-093636.png

Screenshot_20160614-113437.png

Emperor
Message 10 of 22
Message 10 of 22

@musique101 @beeelkuuun

You did not tap on the battery icon