account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

can't remove memory card

Adviser
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

can't remove memory card

Hi,

I just inserted an SDXC samsung Pro+ 64GB memory card in my M4. I pushed all the way to the end.

Please how can I remove it now?! I don't see any button, and if I press again on the card it doesn't click out.

Hope nothing went wrong..

There's none part of the card that sticks out so that I could use some tweezers.

What a funny design..

8 REPLIES 8
Emperor
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: can't remove memory card

@horizonbrave

I think you probably inserted the SD card backwards 

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiam4aqua/userguide/Assembly/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adviser
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

no. I just checked the 64GB show up on the storage app.
Emperor
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

@horizonbrave

This is rather odd, you might want to stop by your Local support to prevent damaging the phone.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

are you kidding me? I live in a remote area
Emperor
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

@horizonbrave

As you can see on the link the SD card should spring out, but perhaps you inserted the SD card wrong or too far and it got stuck, etc. 

This is a user based forum, just trying to help you out, here are the forum guidelines

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Welcome/Discussion-guidelines/m-p/349678#U349678

Respect is the Key
Respect is the name of the game. You must respect your fellow members. Please refrain from inflammatory and defamatory comments as well as flaming, taunting and general disrespect. Do not simply put down the opinion or advice given by others. If you don't agree with it, say why - respectfully. Don't just tell them they're wrong. Do not make uninvited remarks about typos, duplicate posts, posting styles, etc. This is not the place to aggressively pursue attacks and accusations on one's chosen style or background. We all have different opinions and different backgrounds. 

When an opinion based discussion is being had, do not state things like "there is no argument" as if your opinion is the only one or the only one that matters. When someone has clearly stated their opinion, do not say things like "Are you serious?" and "Are you kidding me?" Remember, this is not a debate club. This is a friendly discussion community. Allow people to have their opinion. No one is to act as some sort of opinion judge, responding to each one to say whether they agree with it or not or whether or not it is a valid, well thought out opinion. 

Adviser
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

so nobody else had this problem for this phone?

I can't believe I have to sent away to support center my phone for removing a supported memory card which was installed the right way!

Adviser
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

well, I managed to quickly push the card in to make it """"pop out"""".

Which means now I have to 1 mm of card popping out for working it out.

Twezzers will do and will also scratch the card and possibly damaged it.

I wonder what sometimes big engineers for big companies smoke when they design basic function for everyday devices.

Emperor
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

Again, you should NOT do it, contact your local Xperia care, perhaps you pushed it to far