account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

camera problems in third party apps

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

camera problems in third party apps

the camera on my m4 aqua doesn't work in 2 apps, Cartwheel by Target (scanning barcodes), and Affinity Plus (home banking, taking photo of checks for remote deposit). neither app will engage autofocus, so they don't work, and the developers have not been helpful. camera works fine in all other apps, eg barcode scanners, regular Android camera app, etc.
Can anyone suggest any settings that I could try on the phone that might help.
can anyone who uses the Target Cartwheel app try scanning a barcode with it? on my phone it doesn't engage autofocus and never recognizes the bar code.I just get a red cross-hairs and fuzzy preview image. thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: camera problems in third party apps

this might have to do with how close you are holding your phone to the object , try to move further back.

since the problem is limited to the apps mentioned this limits the possible cause to the apps involved,

try to chage your camera focus  and scn mode, if that would help

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Learner
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: camera problems in third party apps

thanks for the response. I've tried everything you suggested already. Can anyone duplicate problem?