account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

backup location sony bridge for mac

Commissioner
Message 11 of 28
Message 11 of 28

Re: backup location sony bridge for mac

Hi Timson,

I couldn't find it either now when I looked, I have asked the development crew about it and will get back to you when I know.

Best Regards,

David

Commissioner
Message 12 of 28
Message 12 of 28

Hi Timson,

the backups should definitely be there so I'm not sure why you your folder's not there. Do you have any current backups of your phone in Bridge?

Best Regards,

David

One time poster
Message 13 of 28
Message 13 of 28

Can you tell me how you located the backup file? I still can't find it anywhere on my mac, even searching with the file name you provided..

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 14 of 28
Message 14 of 28

Hi Stewie,

try opening the terminal and enter 

cd ~/Library/"Application Support"/"Sony Ericsson Bridge for Mac"/Backups

then enter: "open ."

without the quotation marks.

That should open the folder with the backups. Please let me know if that doesn't work for you.

Best Regards,

David

Rookie
Message 15 of 28
Message 15 of 28

Back up

Hello David,

I backed up my Sony Xperia U (ST25i), a few days ago, becuase I've sold it. And I have a Motorola Moto G, as a replacement. Is there any way I can get the Xperia's backup on to the Moto G? 

All the best,

-Sibtain

Sibtain!!
Commissioner
Message 16 of 28
Message 16 of 28

Re: Back up

Hi Slbtain7,

I don't know of a way, unfortunately. You can copy from an old phone to an Xperia device, but the other way around would depend on Motorola's software etc. You should tell them that you have a backup and ask if you can transfer it somehow.

I'm sorry I can't help you any further, I hope you get it to work.

Best Regards,

David

One time poster
Message 17 of 28
Message 17 of 28

The screen is broken on my old phone so I can't do xperia transfer. I really need to get a message from that phone though. Is there a way of seeing the messages on my computer?

Message 18 of 28
Message 18 of 28

You cannot do anything if the screen is broken.Do you have a PIN?Oh,you have a MAC?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Rookie
Message 19 of 28
Message 19 of 28

Dear David,

the screen of my Sony ZR C5502 has cracked and it unusable. What I would like to do is back up the data and restore it on my other ZR 5503 (notice slight difference in model). 

I have backed up my ZR 5502 and the problem is I can't find the location for the backup - and note - it isn't (like you've suggested a couple of times before in this thread) in:

library/Application Support/ Sony Ericsson.....

because the is no "Sony Ericsson Bridge for Mac" folder in the Application Support folder. Checked a million times and I've also run it in script.

This is strange because I've had a similar problem before, where I did find the backup location for bridge for Mac and I'm pretty sure it earlier was in the location that you have mentioned. But that is no longer the case.

I've also checked if Bridge for Mac completes the backups, and it does. I can backup my ZR C5503 - Delete som content on my phone - restore the backup on my ZR C5503 and then the deleted content is restored on the phone. This means that Bridge for Mac backs up the phone correctly! 

Now the only question is: Where does it store the backups? I can't seem to find the location

Pls Help Slightly smiling Face 

PS: What i want to do is change the name of the backup folder from ZR C5502 to ZR C5503, then I should be able to restore my ZR C5502 backup on my ZR5503. I've done this before, just the other way around and it worked, but at that time I knew where the backups were stored.

-Alan

Talent
Message 20 of 28
Message 20 of 28

Hi Alkbyrne!

I'm the person who has David old job.

Sorry to hear about your problem.

I think this is the way you have tried but it´s there the backup should be.

The backups are stored in:
~/Library/Application Support/Sony Ericsson Bridge for Mac/Backups

If you don't find it you can try opening the terminal and enter
cd ~/Library/"Application Support"/"Sony Ericsson Bridge for Mac"/Backups

Make sure you have quotation marks around Application Support and Sony Ericsson Bridge for Mac
then enter: "open ."
without the quotation marks.
That should open the folder with the backups. (see images below)

backup1.png

backup2.png

If you don't find them there I'm sorry to say something with the backup didn't work properly.

Best regards

Fredrik