account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

backup location sony bridge for mac

One time poster
Message 1 of 28
Message 1 of 28

backup location sony bridge for mac

Hi,

I just downgraded my Sony Xperia U because ICS was too slow too many times. The downgrade went ok but I still want to restore some stuff in the backup I created before downgrading. However the options "backup" and "restore" are now grayed out in Sony Bridge for Mac. Rather then trying to get those options working again I was wondering where the backup files are located on my mac so I can look into them.

27 REPLIES 27
Commissioner
Message 2 of 28
Message 2 of 28

Re: backup location sony bridge for mac

Hi Tinus,

The backups are located in 

~/Library/Application Support/Sony Ericsson Bridge for Mac/Backups.

Best Regards,

David

Rookie
Message 3 of 28
Message 3 of 28

Hey man, 

I have exactly the same problem. I have a backup of my Xperia ZR on my mac. I bought a new Xperia E-dual and when I use bridge for mac the two options of backing up my E-dual and restoring the device are grayed out.

Could I somehow manually use the backup that is located in the location that you mentioned, and see my contacts or restore to my E-dual? 

All the best 

-Alan

Commissioner
Message 4 of 28
Message 4 of 28

Hi Alan,

Are you connecting in MTP or MSC-mode? You choose mode under USB connectivity settings on your phone before you plug it into your computer (where the settings are may vary depending on phone model). The phone needs to be connected in MTP mode for the backup and restore options to work so you could check that first. 

I'm not sure if you can use the backup manually, I'll have to get back to you when I have more information.

Best Regards,

David 

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 5 of 28
Message 5 of 28

Hi Alan,

I have received more information about this problem now. If your phone memory is full or almost full, back-up and restore will be grayed out. So check if that is the case, and if so, try to free some memory and then reconnect the phone. Otherwise try connecting in MSC mode if you haven't tried that already.

Best Regards,

David

Commissioner
Message 6 of 28
Message 6 of 28

Hi Alan,

As of now it's not possible to transfer a backup from one android phone to another in Bridge. What you can do is an Xperia Transfer. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Let me know if it doesn't work out for you!

Best Regards,

David

One time poster
Message 7 of 28
Message 7 of 28

Hey guys, I'm not able to find the backup files from Sony Bridge. Is that location up to date? 

I have Mac OS X 10.7.5 and Sony Bridge for Mac 3.6 (3602)

I really need the notes I had on my Sony Xperia P... How can I see them?

EDIT: I found the backup files and got to the notes. The file's name is fullbackupdata and I can't read it or anything like that. What can I do to see it?

Learner
Message 8 of 28
Message 8 of 28

Hey Chris!

I made a tool for windows and xperia go, but it should work for you too. Check out this thread: http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-S-SL-acro-S/How-can-I-extract-contacts-from-dbk-file-on-my-comp...

Commissioner
Message 9 of 28
Message 9 of 28

Hi Chris9112,

As far as I know, you won't be able to get anything useful out of the backup files. You can try an Xperia Transfer in Bridge for Mac. But if you do, make sure to backup your phone first.

Best Regards,

David

One time poster
Message 10 of 28
Message 10 of 28

I don't see Sony Ericsson Bridge for Mac folder in Application Support.

I have Sony Xperia Z and latest Sony Bridge for Mac.

Please help!