account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

automatic brightness

Demigod
Message 21 of 26
Message 21 of 26

Re: automatic brightness

actually it did resolve the issue.

Demigod
Message 22 of 26
Message 22 of 26

Not for me also

The most profound technology is the one that vanishes quickly
One time poster
Message 23 of 26
Message 23 of 26

It works for me!

Dark Room: 0

Near a Bright Screen: 7-10

Direct Sunlight: 400+

Demigod
Message 24 of 26
Message 24 of 26

You are talking about the light sensor isnt it?Definitely not the brightness

The most profound technology is the one that vanishes quickly
One time poster
Message 25 of 26
Message 25 of 26

The problem here is, the screen brightness should change to diferent enviroments. If we are outside and we're trying to use the phone, the screen should modify his brightness to the maximum level or something like that. If we are in a dark room, screen should be on the darker brightness level.

The sensor for this, is a light sensor that captures the level of brightness on the enviroment arround the phone, and it converts to an integer (0- dark room, 10- Something like sunlight, i've made up this values but it's something like this). The sensor works. We can do it but running that phone command to test sensors present on phone. But the automatic change-over on screen doesn't. So it is a software problem. Why doesn't work on GB and now on ICS?

Highlighted
Adept
Message 26 of 26
Message 26 of 26

Mine Working Perfectly

i did the service test and it always show values other than 0 in sun light

in my opinion if you want to test your sensor, go to a darky room that has no light, make sure the Automatic Brightness is Checked, Lower the Brightness to 0%, now foucs and Uncheck the Automatic Brightness, you will properbly see the difference!

By the Way, The Automatic Brightness only effective When Brightness is set below 50%, more Than that, is Hard to Notice