account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

album photo editor sharp filter preview issue

Enthusiast
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

album photo editor sharp filter preview issue

All,

when I try to edit a photo selected from album using the built-in photo editor, for the sharpness filter I have issues with effect preview. The photo gets distorted in a weird way.

At the moment I can't upload a picture but the problem was described in another forum (so far without solution), please have a look:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-z2/help/photo-editor-problem-sharp-filter-t2870632

I was wondering if this is already being tackled or if anyone has experienced the same issue.

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Re: album photo editor sharp filter preview issue

Thanks for the information, we will forward it internally.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

I believe there was an update to the ALBUM app. Anyway for additional info my ALBUM app is version 6.4.A.0.16

I thought it was important to highlight that the problem with sharp filter scrambling up pictures still exists.

And by the way it sometimes does and sometimes does not occur regardless of whether pictures were taken with front/rear camera of my Z2 or imported from another camera (RX100 II). Therefore I can't really say what triggers this...

Can someone please try to use the sharp filter on a few pictures and check if he or she has the same issue? Hard to believe I'm the only one.

Btw. I'm guessing the bug is in the PHOTO EDITOR app which I think is only accessible via ALBUM and may not have been updated together with ALBUM

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

As you say, this will not happen will all pictures but it depends on the picture file.
We don't have any update for this issue yet i'm afraid but i'll update you as soon as i have more information.

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

Does this mean at least the problem is known?
Enthusiast
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

Does this mean at least the problem is known?

On my phone it even occurs with pictures taken by Z2 internal camera so not an issue due to incompatibility with third party pics.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

Yes, we can replicate the issue here and it's been escalated to our development.

Enthusiast
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

Excellent.

I saw so little related articles on the web that I thought there was something wrong with my Z2.

In case there would be an update to the software would this be distributed over Update Center?

Thx

Sony Xperia Support
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

Yes, this is a preinstalled function so an update for it would be released over PC Companion and/or Update Center. Issue is still being investigated though so i don't have any information on when a fix will be available.

Enthusiast
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

Just wanted to inform you that after updating to 4.4.4 issue is still there Slightly frowning Face

Don't know whether this was tackled with the rollout of 4.4.4 though...

Edit: Also did full wipe and reset couple of times, issue still there.