account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

ads pop up

Rookie
Message 1 of 16
Message 1 of 16

ads pop up

Hi so i have had my z3 just over a month an keep gettinv ads poppin up like when launching apps n such i.e opening a snapchat an a ad pops up also when browsing online my cookie ads show up in russian this has just got annoyin any advice guys?

Thanks in advance :-)
15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 2 of 16
Message 2 of 16

Re: ads pop up

Its probably an app acting up, boot on safe mode, if you don't experience the same problem then it is a third party app. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 3 of 16
Message 3 of 16

This is how to boot on safe mode

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 4 of 16
Message 4 of 16

A lot of free apps are free because they are subsidised by ads more so in games

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 5 of 16
Message 5 of 16

See i have had these apps on my previous smart phone note 3 an no ads plus the russian cookie ads "/
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 6 of 16
Message 6 of 16

Are you downloading the apps from the play store? its not a Sony issue but the app developer. 

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 7 of 16
Message 7 of 16

Yeah google play store but the cookies are on the chrome broswer thinking of wiping it an starting fresh
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 8 of 16
Message 8 of 16

It will be wise to do so 

settings > apps > all > chrome > clear data and uninstall updates > restart your phone, if you get the same issues it is an app

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 9 of 16
Message 9 of 16

If you want to reset your phone

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 10 of 16
Message 10 of 16

Hi MervynXD,

Welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

You could always try clearing the history from the Chrome Browser, this way there is no data available for the ads to pop up when using the browser.

Menu > Chrome > Menu > History > Clear Browsing Data > Tick all the boxes and clear them.

I hope this helps.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.