account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

about internal memory

Learner
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

about internal memory

i dnt knw why there is no option of "move to SD card" in "XPERIA SP" due to which it is very difficult n almost impossible to transfer data from internal memory to SD card. can u plz guide me how to transfer all data from internal memory to sd card.

prajwalregmi
2 REPLIES 2
Emperor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: about internal memory

you can not transfer the apps to your SD card unless you root your phone > partition the SD card and install an apps2SD card

If you want to transfer files from the internal storage to the SD card you can use a File Manager

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: about internal memory

It's "feature" of Android 4.1 and newer, not fault of Sony. In default, Android 4.1.x does not allows transfer apps on SD card....

Btw. Samsung officially allows this on some of its models... But this need some modification of original Android.

So, if Sony wanted this on Xperia SP...  We can hope... And wait for next update...