account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

a lot of problem in jelly bean 4.1 xperia acro s !

Visitor
Message 1 of 17
Message 1 of 17

a lot of problem in jelly bean 4.1 xperia acro s !

i update my acro s to jelly bean last night and see some problems !

1 - wifi problem - when i want to connect wifi it freeze and dont connect or list wifi ap, but in airplan mode i can connect !

i dont want be in airplan mode i want my calls Slightly frowning Face pelase fix it

2 - video capter - i have lag when i want to record video from camera !

3 - when i want to charge my phone after some min the red light turn off and no more charging ! but when i turn off developer option off seems be okey !

4 - when i play a game like "hello kitty cafe seasons" its very very lag and low FPS ! but in android 4.0.4 i play easy and good !

somthing wrong with this update i like this version but this bugs driving me crazy Angry Face

16 REPLIES 16
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 17
Message 2 of 17

Re: a lot of problem in jelly bean 4.1 xperia acro s !

A new software (6.2.B.0.211) is coming up. Planned released during week 23-24. Please let me know if you still experience any issues after this update.

Highlighted
Sage
Message 3 of 17
Message 3 of 17

Thanks for that information SAM, its good to see that we are not left behind... I updated my Acro S but the only bug I am experiencing is video recording and sometimes a Bluetooth is not re-connecting.... Other than that its all good... I will wait for that version to update my wife's Acro S... I guess I am the guinea pig.

Now regarding OP, number 3.- If your phone is at or over 45°C of temperature... the battery won't charge... even if plugged. This used to happen only after the battery reached 70% of charge.... then you have to let it cool a bit for it to charge again...

If that is not your issue, check your cables. And if its charging even if the led is not red, well it might be a bug...

Visitor
Message 4 of 17
Message 4 of 17

thanks for info, u right just after 70% of charge its happen today i'm charge my phone and its good no problem Slightly smiling Face

Visitor
Message 5 of 17
Message 5 of 17

oh god finally a hope, thanks for support i'm happy now Slightly smiling Face

Adviser
Message 6 of 17
Message 6 of 17

I almost love this upgrade JB 4.1 with smooth transition, small apps great OS version compare to ICS, really! But then thinking the facts that a list of bugs existed makes me wonder? Thus anyone from the sony team who made this upgrade undergo EARLY MANAGEMENT, to test this upgrade first LIVE using units to find any flaws before handing it to end user, your avid costumer. Just giving my opinion guys. I know sony said that they will fix this, so hopefully no more bugs.

One time poster
Message 7 of 17
Message 7 of 17

I love it when I just upgraded my Acro S to JB. The display is awesome and everything is ok, looks more pretty Slightly smiling Face

But, I dunno why i got problem with my battery. I just charged 5-10 minutes ago, but my battery has reduce into 95%.. Slightly frowning Face Usually my battery charges at 10-11pm, but today I need to charge it at 6-7pm.. what happened? I didn't do many activities (since I was in office).

Help me. thanks!

Sage
Message 8 of 17
Message 8 of 17

Yes, this is strongly related to Google Maps in this firmware version.... Not really sure if it is android or Sony's fault... but now I am getting over 30% of battery drainage due to Maps... and worse if I forget to turn GPS signals off... EVEN if I do not use the app during the day...

Also it gets over a thousand "wake ups" because of GMaps...

My advice is to go to Settings > Power Managment > Battery and force stop Maps..., turn GPS off...

If thats the culprit

One time poster
Message 9 of 17
Message 9 of 17

yeah i just checked that Maps consumed over 25% of my battery Anguished Face. I forced stop it as you said, and hope so it will be normal again..

Thanks Slightly smiling Face

Sage
Message 10 of 17
Message 10 of 17

Well.. it is not going to be normal unless Sony or Google provides a solution for this problem... but at least that helps a bit for the day....

Actually what helps its to turn Google's Location Service... from "Location Services" Settings... then you can use GPS normally, but you will not have location based ads and other services because of this...