account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Z5 update: SD card not found, apps installed on SD cards cannot be accessed.

Dbc
Rookie
Message 21 of 31
Message 21 of 31

Re: Z5 update: SD card not found, apps installed on SD cards cannot be accessed.

Dear Uliwooly, thanks for the fast reply, but it seems that the update killed my sd card. I've tried to read it connecting the phone to the pc and it shows it as drive, but when I try to open it, it asks me to insert disk into removable disk.
Dbc
Rookie
Message 22 of 31
Message 22 of 31

Re: Z5 update: SD card not found, apps installed on SD cards cannot be accessed.

Also when I go to Settings -> Storage in the phone, it shows only the internal storage. Any idea to resurrect the sd card?
Dbc
Rookie
Message 23 of 31
Message 23 of 31

I feel totally confused. It seems that it is not sd card problem. When I put the card in my older xperia Z, which runs under android lollipop, it was able to read it and all my data are there and are readable.
Emperor
Message 24 of 31
Message 24 of 31

@Dbc

You might want to backup everything from that SD card with a computer or another phone > reformat the SD card > transfer everything back and check again. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Talent
Message 25 of 31
Message 25 of 31

Sandisk micro SD card not working in Xperia Z5

I've searched for posts on this but couldn't find any: 

I have tried to use two 128GB micro SD cards in my Sony Xperia Z5 phone (android 6), and have had problems with both of them. The first one destroyed a lot of files when I tried to transfer them into the card while it was in the phone – they have either vanished or they appear as black squares with that ‘broken image’ symbol on them.

I requested a replacement from the seller, but this also does not work properly in my phone. I transferred a lot of files – photos and music - onto the card using the Sandisk card reader that was supplied with it; I can see them in the Finder window on my Mac, so they seem to be on the card, but when I put the card into my phone they are simply not visible. (Several entire albums of photos are invisible, and numerous music files have vanished completely).

I also cannot transfer any files onto the SD card; when I click on 'transfer files' it does nothing.

Is there an issue with Android 6 & Sandisk sd cards?

I found one solution that says to 'use the SD card as internal storage' - but the option to do this is not there on my phone. It refers to clicking 'on the 3 dot menu' after tapping on the SD card - but there IS no 3 dot menu in 'SD card' - the only options are to format or eject. Can anyone help please?...!

Talent
Message 26 of 31
Message 26 of 31

Re: Albums keep disappearing from sd card

Hi @uliwooly - I'm now onto my second Sandisk micro SD Hc card and the same problems are occuring with files not appearing on the phone; vanishing from the card, & I also cannot transfer any files to the card from the phone. I've opened a new thread to try & see if anyone knows what the cause is & how to fix it (except I cannot now find this thread, even though I checked to subscribe to it!)

Talent
Message 27 of 31
Message 27 of 31

Hi @uliwooly - I just replied to you on another thread as I couldn't find this one, but it seems to have been moved into a discussion about lost apps on the SD card?

My issue is not about apps; I have no apps on the card, it is photos and music that are missing / not visible on the phone. This has happened with 2 micro SD cards now; I feel they cannot both be faulty, but nobody has replied to suggest there is a compatibility issue with android 6. I think you have replied earlier tpo say that this is not an option with android 6? 

http://androiding.how/use-sd-card-as-internal-storage-marshmallow/

I'll try re-formatting.

Emperor
Message 28 of 31
Message 28 of 31

@AliWonder

Perhaps you should try a different brand, maybe those are fake SD cards

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Talent
Message 29 of 31
Message 29 of 31

Thanks. I'm going to try re-formatting it first.

One time poster
Message 30 of 31
Message 30 of 31

Newest lollipop 5 update Apps moved to SD don't open

Hello,
I've update my phone with the newest version of lollipop, it looks great, but now the apps which I've moved from the phone to my SD card can't be opend. Or I can't find it to open them like before.
Do I have to reinstall all these apps or is there an easier way?